₹90.00 – ₹4,950.00
Mustard oil is a type of vegetable oil that is extracted from mustard seeds. It is commonly used in cooking, especially in South Asian and North Indian cuisines. The oil has a pungent flavor and a distinct aroma, which adds a unique taste to dishes.
Here are some key points about mustard oil:
- Extraction: Mustard oil is produced by pressing or grinding mustard seeds to release the oil. The seeds can be either black mustard (Brassica nigra) or white/yellow mustard (Brassica juncea). The oil is then filtered and refined before it is used for cooking.
- Pungency and Flavor: Mustard oil has a strong and spicy taste due to the presence of compounds like allyl isothiocyanate. This pungency sets it apart from other vegetable oils and gives a characteristic flavor to the dishes.
- Health Considerations: Mustard oil has been a topic of health discussions because it contains erucic acid, a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. High consumption of erucic acid has been associated with potential health risks, particularly on the heart. Due to this, some countries have regulations on the amount of erucic acid allowed in edible oils. However, different varieties of mustard oil exist, some of which have low erucic acid content. Always check the product label to ensure the oil is safe for consumption in your region.
- Culinary Uses: Mustard oil is popular for various culinary applications. It is used for cooking, frying, and as a base for making pickles. In some regions, it is even used as a cooking medium for deep-frying.
- External Use: In addition to its culinary uses, mustard oil is also used externally for massage and in certain traditional remedies. It is believed to have warming properties and is used in Ayurveda and traditional medicine practices
200 ML, 500 ML, 1 LITRE, 3 LITRES, 5 LITRES, 15 LITRES