Barnyard Millet Flakes
Place WhatsApp Order Now
Barnyard Millet Flakes | Kuthiraivalli Avul
Millet Flakes at Best Price in India
- Regulates Blood Glucose Levels
- Help in Weight Loss
- Good for Heart
- Battles Cancer Cells
- Start your morning right with our Millet flakes. Best with milk – hot or cold!”Even while relishing our staples like rice and wheat, we went back to searching for traditional foods and recipes, and voila! We discovered that our ancestors ate – Millets.Undoubtedly, we have become very aware of millets in the last few years and suddenly this bland,And they are not bland in taste anymore. Here’s a trendsetter and kicky product for all ages from children to the aged. Yes, the millet flakes!Buy Millet flakes online from Standard brand at the best price & fresh quality.Millet flakes are obtained by crushing the whole grain of millets – one of the oldest cereals grown by man. They are characterized by crunchiness and neutral taste. They are also universal! They will prove themselves not only in the form of an actual meal but also as an addition to the healthy cookies and bars, it makes them more and more valued.
A well-balanced meal is a slice in both hands
Millet is a whole grain that’s packed with protein, antioxidants, and nutrients. It has numerous health benefits, such as helping lower your blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Plus, it’s gluten-free making it an excellent choice for people who have celiac disease.
Millet flakes are naturally gluten-free products, but when choosing their product, people suffering from celiac diseases and gluten intolerance should pay attention to the presence of the special signs on the label, because millet flakes may be contaminated with gluten during the production process.
Millet flakes are recommended for overweight and obese people. They can also play an important part in the slimming diet. They are a product that increases the feeling of satiety, thus extending the time of feeling fed!
Millet flakes should also include in the diet, people with a digestive problem. For example, for those who deal with flatulence, constipation, indigestion, and people on an easily digestible diet.
Types of Millets
- Millets are one of the oldest cultivated grains in the world and have been grown throughout Africa and Southeast Asia for thousands of years. Millets can be used to make bread, beer, cereal, and other dishes.Even today, millets are a staple food around the world. Millets are gaining renewed popularity because of how versatile and easy to grow it is.This crop is divided into two categories – major and minor millets, with major millets being the most popular or commonly cultivated varieties.
Major Millets include
- Pearl Millet
- Foxtail Millet
- Proso Millet
- Finger Millet
Minor Millets include
- Kodo Millet
- Barnyard Millet
- Little Millet
- Guinea Millet
- Browntop Millet
- Fonio Millet
- Adlay Millet
- Foxtail millet loaded with protein and complex carbohydrates regulate blood sugar spikes, diminished bad cholesterol levels (LDL), and increases good cholesterol levels (HDL) in the body. While being rich in iron and calcium maintains healthy blood levels and strengthens bones.
Finger millet, also known as Ragi, is a healthier cereal alternative for rice and wheat. It is a gluten-free grain loaded with protein and amino acids that promote growth and boosts brain health in children.
Pearl millet or Bajra abounds with minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron is valuable in uplifting overall health. An immense amount of protein and dietary fibre helps in managing diabetes and supports weight loss.
Little or kutki is a great millet option for all those fitness enthusiasts, as it serves as a healthy tweak for rice. Bestowed with fibre and minerals such as potassium, zinc, iron, and calcium and vitamin B3 supports fat metabolism, tissue repair, reduces cholesterol and energy production.
Nutritional Value of Millet Flakes
Like most cereals, millets a starchy grain – meaning that it’s rich in carbs. Notably, it also packs several vitamins and minerals.
One cup of cooked millet flakes (174 grams)
- Calories – 207
- Carbs – 41 grams
- Fiber – 2.2 grams
- Phosphorus – 25 percent of the Daily value
- Magnesium – 19 percent of the DV
- Folate – 8 percent of the DV
- Iron – 6 percent of the DV
What’s more, finger millets boast the highest calcium content of all cereal grains, providing 13 percent of the daily value per one cooked cup (100 grams).
Let us know the holistic nutritional benefits these millets flakes offer if included in your daily diet!
7 Health Benefits of Millets
1. Regulates Blood Glucose Levels
Millets when compared to wheat and maize, are high in nutrients, gluten-free, and have a low glycemic index of 54 – 68. The presence of a high amount of dietary fiber, proteins with all essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals help in stabilizing the blood sugar levels. Millets can be a part of a healthy diet for diabetic patients that prevent blood sugar spikes and promote insulin sensitivity.
2. Help in Weight Loss
Millets are boon for all weight watchers who want to shed those extra kilos. Including millets in the regular regimen like millet flour or having millet for breakfast can remarkably help in lowering the BMI of obese people. Swapping rice with millets daily can lower the accumulation of fat, improves gut health, and help you in achieving sustained weight loss.
3. Good for Heart
Millets are loaded with an impressive profile of antioxidants that include beta-glucans, flavonoids, anthocyanidins, tannins, lignans, and policosanols. These antioxidants play a critical role in lowering LDL Cholesterol, total Cholesterol and help to maintain the blood vessels healthy and clear off the clots, thereby lowering the risk of heart diseases and stroke.
4. Battles Cancer Cells
- Millets such as foxtail and proso varieties are proven by research to be effective in inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells in various tissues. The phytochemicals in millets exhibit ant proliferative effects and lower the formation of cancer cells in the colon, breast, and liver without causing any damages to normal cells.
5. Promotes Digestion
The presence of a good amount of dietary fiber in millets works well to improve the digestive system function. It combats constipation, flatulence, bloating, cramping, regularizes bowel function and improves the overall health of other vital organs like the liver, kidney and boosts the immune system.
6. Fights Inflammation
Millets are high in antioxidants which are known to fight inflammation that is considered a leading cause of all metabolic disease.
7. Rich in Micronutrients
Millet contains zinc, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, manganese, calcium, selenium, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin B6, Vitamin E, fatty acids, and amino acids.
Daily Requirement of Millet Flakes
- 100 grams of Millet provides 35 percent of the daily requirement of copper. A quarter-cup serving of dry millets contain:Calories – 189
- Protein – 6 grams
- Fat – 2 grams
- Carbohydrates – 36 grams
- Fiber – 4 grams
- Sugarless than 1gram
Where To Buy Healthy Millet Flakes?
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food
To get original healthy millet flakes, order your products here at the best prices. You gotta nourish to flourish!