Ponni Hand Pounded Rice is a type of rice that is traditionally pounded by hand to remove the husk and polish the rice grains. It is a popular variety of rice in South India, especially in Tamil Nadu. The rice is known for its aroma, texture, and taste, and is used to prepare a variety of dishes like biryani, pulao, idlis, dosas, and more.
The rice is typically cultivated using organic farming methods, and the traditional method of pounding the rice by hand helps retain its nutritional value and taste. It is also said to be healthier than regular polished rice as it contains more fiber and nutrients.
Ponni Hand Pounded Rice is also known as Kaikuthal Arisi in Tamil Nadu and is a staple food in many households. It is usually served with dal, sambar, or curries, and is considered to be a healthier alternative to regular polished rice
- Rich in Nutrients: Ponni Hand Pounded Rice is rich in nutrients such as iron, fiber, and vitamins B and E. These nutrients are essential for maintaining good health and preventing diseases.
- 1.Lowers Risk of Diabetes: The low glycemic index of Ponni Hand Pounded Rice helps regulate blood sugar levels, reducing the risk of developing diabetes.
- 2.Aids Digestion: The fiber content in Ponni Hand Pounded Rice aids digestion and prevents constipation.
- Promotes Weight Loss: Ponni Hand Pounded Rice is low in calories and fat, making it an ideal food for those looking to lose weight.
- 3.Reduces the Risk of Heart Disease: The high fiber content in Ponni Hand Pounded Rice helps reduce cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Gluten-Free: Ponni Hand Pounded Rice is naturally gluten-free, making it a safe option for those with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
Overall, Ponni Hand Pounded Rice is a healthy alternative to regular polished rice, offering several health benefits that can promote overall well-being.