Kabasura Kashayam consists numerous powerful herbs like Clove, Ginger, Pepper, Ajwain, Kadukkai, Pipali, Mulli Root which possess anti inflammatory and effectively used for respiratory organ such as for flu or cold.
Nilavembu Kashayam is in the powdered formulation which consists of Dry Ginger, Nut Grass, Black Pepper, Snake Gourd, White Sandalwood, Vilamichai Ver, Kalmegh and many more that possesses numerous properties like an antioxidant, Hepatoprotective, Anti-inflammatory, digestive, Vermicidal, Laxative, Hypoglycaemic, and Cholagogue. Kashayam is used for reducing joint pain, muscle pain, joint swelling & used during Chikungunya disease.
Method of Preparation (Nilavembu Kudineer+Kabasura Kudineer):
- Add 2 teaspoons of Nilavembu Kudineer chooranam and kabasura kudineer chooran (Approximately 10 gms each) in 200ml of water.
- Boil the contents till the decoction is 1/4th of the original volume.
- Filter the decoction, and consume it in bearable heat.
- 1-5 years: 5ml
- 5-12 years: 10 ml
- 12 year and above: 30 to 50 ml
For prevention, have twice or thrice a day for 3 to 5 days.
As treatment for dengue and swine flu, Please consult a Siddha physician before consuming the decoction.
Who should not take the Decoction:
- Infants below 1 year
- Those suffering from typhoid and diarrhea
- Preganant woman in the 1st trimester, as the decoction may induce/ aggrevate vomitting.
- People suffering from gastritis / pelvic ulcer are advised not to drink the decoction in an empty stomach or consult your Siddha physician before taking the decoction.
- Decoction is best consumed before food.
- Prepare the decoction fresh every time before consuming.
- It should be consumed within 3 hours of preparation. Do not refrigerate.